This is a recipe that I came up with when confronted with a nearly empty bag of almonds and a small piece of aged Gouda in my cheese drawer.
Almond Gouda Salad
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 2 oz aged Gouda, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 c almonds
- 1 tomato, cut into thin wedges
- 1 c mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
Rinse your lettuce thoroughly, and shred it into a bowl. The goal with your lettuce should be that you can easily fit the pieces into your mouth. I recommend shredding over chopping because torn edges take longer to wilt and brown, meaning that you'll have better leftovers.
Add all your other ingredients into the salad, and dress with...
Lemon Poppy Vinaigrette
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 1.5 Tbs lemon curd
- 1/4 tsp salt
Add the rest of the ingredients, and whisk thoroughly.